5 Steps to Becoming a STEAM City Kid:
1. Learn about the science of water and the water cycle.
2. Research information about water pollution in America and around the world.
3. Conduct climate and weather experiments in school and/or at home.
4. Create your own opinions, ideas and inventions.
5. Write about water with your teacher’s help, and send us your work so you can be a published author on STEAM City Kids!
If you learn about the SCIENCE of water and the water cycle, you can come up with creative ways to help save our clean water. Research stories in the news about people who do not have clean water and why they do not have clean water. As you research and learn, find a topic that sparks your interest. Then, write your own article, create a project, design artwork or develop a video about water conservation. Work with your teacher in class, and your teacher will send it to us. Then, we will publish your work online! YOU are smart, creative, and you have the power to inspire other kids and even adults!!
You can start learning about water by reading the information below on this page and watching the videos. Check out our list of writing and project examples on the “Water Conservation Topics” page. As you are reading our list of suggestions, you may come up with an idea on your own.
All student writing must be submitted on or before FEBRUARY 17th for March’s WATER theme. (Classwork from 3rd-6th graders in Miami-Dade, Broward, Martin, Palm Beach & St. Lucie will be accepted. CLICK HERE to read our FAQ if you are in another location or teach a different grade level.)